The Government introduced resolution of public complaints as a new indicator in 2009.Resolution of public complaints is an indicator in performance contract. As a result of this, a complaints office was established in May 2010 to ensure that complaints are given the necessary attention with a view to improving the delivery of services.
Role of Complaints office in the Polytechnic
- Promote the sensitization of staff and other stakeholders on complaints handling.
- Advise management on complaints handling.
- Receive process and oversee the resolution of complaints.
- Monitor the trends of complaints and recommend remedial action.
- Prepare regular reports to management on complaints handling.
- Coordinate complaints handling activities in the college.
- Ensure the integration of complaints handling in the college
- Ensure compliance with the guidelines of the commission on resolution of public complaints as may be issued from time to time.
- Monitor, evaluate and review complaints handling activities in the organization.
- Where appropriate refer complaints to the appropriate authorities including the CAJ.
- Submit quarterly reports to CAJ.
- Promote alternative dispute resolution through mediation, reconciliation or negotiation on matters affecting the polytechnic.
J. M. ONGUBO